Rugby Player Insurance – World Rugby Rules
World Rugby 23.1.3 Regulation states “If the Primary Employer of the Player is not a Rugby Body or Club then the Player shall be responsible for having in place the appropriate financial arrangements or insurance to cover the Player whilst participating in the Game at any level and at all times other than when the Player is on International Duty.”
We strongly recommend that all players have some form of medical insurance to cover them for the tournament. Most general travel insurances do not cover playing rugby – make sure you check your policy.
We have negotiated coverage through Alan Sutherland from Thai Expat Club to ensure insurance is available specific to rugby at a good price.
The 3 options that cover medical expenses from sporting injury from 350,000 THB, 700,000 THB to 1.8M THB (Your choice of plan)
This insurance includes.
- Emergency and outpatient treatment up to ~$50,000 USD (For Plan 2)
- Coverage for a host of non-professional sports (including rugby, AFL football and soccer) and illnesses
- Emergency ambulance from the ground or playing area
- Cover for COVID-19
- Free choice of hospital in Thailand
- Coverage does NOT extend to the southern areas of Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat
The Premium starts at 1,399 baht* (Minimum 14 days) - depending on your country of departure.
* Plan 2 is recommended as it provides a maximum cover of 1.8M and includes Emergency Medical Evacuation or Repatriation if required to 1M THB.
Insurance is purchased on an individual basis. Players should use the link to the Luma Thailand Pass below, enter their details and pay online at least 48 hours before departing their country of residence. (Any major credit card can be used.). Please use the link below to ensure your policy can be easily matched to our rugby event and receive priority.
URL Link to Sports Insurance - Purchase here.
Note: This is a special arrangement between Thai Expat Club, Luma Health and Tune Insurance. Links to the Luma Thailand Pass through Thai Expat Club will receive personalised service and support.
Thai and Local Expats – Contact Alan Sutherland. This insurance is only available for players visiting Thailand from overseas. Local and Expat players already resident in Thailand should contact Alan at Thai Expat Club for advice and a quotation for a local insurance policy. Email: email@example.com or telephone +6689-897-9435